This is a lovely role working for an American family of 7 located in Chelsea. They lead a busy lifestyle and work in London during the week, occasionally spending time at their family home during weekends and travel internationally in school holidays. The children range from 1 – 8 years in age and the family have a Labrador puppy. This position is to work from Thursday 7am – Monday 7am. There is a Live out nanny who covers Monday – Wednesday, plus 2 housekeepers Monday to Friday.
Your main charges are a boy aged 3yrs and a girl aged 1yr. However, working alongside another nanny and the parents, there will be a cross-over helping with the older children; a boy aged 4, girl aged 7 and a boy aged 8. The role will be a mixture of shared care and sole charge, caring for the children at home and providing a fun, stimulating and nurturing environment for them. There will be the requirement to travel overseas with the family and attend regular activities with the children.
As a nanny you will have relevant experience working with young children within private homes, with a fun, kind and energetic nature.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Plan and lead educational activities with the children, researching new age appropriate activities to carry out with them, as and when appropriate
- Support the children through child led play and oversee their activities at all times
- Support and nurture the children interacting with them at all times
- Plan playdates with friends from nursery
- Support the children’s morning routine, dressing, washing and breakfast
- Ensure bottles and mealtimes are prepared and arrive on time with correct food
- Keep to routine ad support with potty training.
- Tidy away after activities and play areas
- Support the older siblings aged 4, 7 & 8 and their Nanny, as required.
- Prepare any meals for the children and support the Cook, Housekeeper and other Nanny when required to do so
- Follow any direction from the parents on appropriate food for the children
Starting: ASAP Jan 2021
Location: Chelsea SW3
Hours: Thursday 7am – Monday 7am (hours on Thursday & Friday, 7am – 8pm, weekends 8am – 8am + occasionally babysitting)
Accommodation: Own bedroom & bathroom on the lower ground floor, kitchen shared with other staff on the same floor. You do not need to leave the accommodation on your days off.
Salary: £40,000 gross per year depending on individual
Please note we cannot guarantee a response to every application