An efficient and hardworking couple are needed in Kensington. Both individuals need to be flexible and versatile in their approach to work. The days the principal is in London vary so they need to be present whenever she’s in residence. The principal is very approachable but has high standards – she expects, however, tasks to be done quickly and to a very high standard.
The successful candidates need to be reliable, discrete, loyal and dedicated to their work.
Fluent in English is desirable
Will be responsible for ensuring the house is kept in tip top condition, take care of the laundry and ironing, change the bed sheets, as well as grocery shopping. The house does have a lot of beautiful artwork so knowledge on how to clean fine art would be a bonus.
Duties will include:
- cleaning the Property to an immaculate standard;
- hoovering, polishing, dusting, doing the laundry and delicate garments washed by hand, ironing, putting the rubbish out on designated days, cleaning brass surfaces, washing and cooking;
- responsibility for all of the Principal’s clothes and for arranging for dry cleaning and for carrying out the washing and ironing of the Principal’s clothes; packing and unpacking
- cleaning and/or polishing the Principal’s shoes as appropriate;
- changing and making beds;
- assisting as are required in preparing for and serving at receptions, dinner parties, drinks parties and other events;
- working as a team
This role will be to serve drinks and food to the principal and her guests, carry out basic maintenance in the home, gardening, maintain the gym, Jacuzzi and cinema. Also answering the door and dealing with contractors.
Duties will include
- buying and collecting shopping;
- responsible for keeping fridge stocked, ordering food online
- preparing and serving meals as required;
- dealing with visitors and guests;
- dealing with contractors re house repairs
- working as a team
- confident driver preferred
One of you needs to be a confident family cook and be able to prepare light meals, such as salads, steak and breakfast. When they entertain they will bring a chef in, but you may be asked to assist the butler should there be a large number of guests.
Studio flat provided in Principal’s house, with its own entrance. It has a separate kitchen and bathroom.
Live in couple: 50 hour a week, flexible.
Salary: £2000.00 net per calendar month EACH
Holiday: 20 days a year + 8 bank holidays