Housekeeper/Cook for Estate in the Cotswolds – Live Out – ASAP Start
A London based family which includes, two adults and three children (aged 9, 7 and 4 years old) are seeking a live-out housekeeper for a property in the Cotswolds with extensive out buildings and grounds. This is a relaxed family household seeking a friendly yet highly professional and experienced housekeeper. The main property is 6 bedrooms and adjoining two-bedroom guest accommodation. Set in 32 Acres of land.
As this is a weekend and holiday residence, you must be happy to work weekends (approx. 3 out of every 4). Your hours will be a five-day week with two days in the week being rest days (these are flexible). Working hours need to be flexible to suit the owners. When the owners are not in residence your standard hours will be 8.00am until 5.00pm, with one hour for lunch and two fifteen-minute tea breaks. Should be flexible and able to work in London on the odd occasion if required.
Your duties will include:
- All housekeeping duties, you will have a very high standard of cleaning
- Clean and maintain the interior to a high standard
- Ensure the linen, curtains, blinds and fabrics are kept clean
- Experience with dealing with laundry, delicate fabrics, hand washing
- Good standard of cooking, healthy and wholesome family meals (roasts, quiches, cakes etc)
- To be responsible for the preparation, serving, clearing away and after family meals
- To be responsible for the daily upkeep of the house
- Front of House e.g. ability to receive guests when Principals are not in residence
- To be responsible and care for domestic pets which includes a cocker spaniel (The dog may be left with the housekeeper during the week or perhaps when the family go on holiday)
- To answer all incoming telephone calls and to re-direct all family correspondence
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role before within a family home with children or be a mother themselves! The housekeeper will very much be part of the family and will be required to baby sit, bake with the children etc. You will be a good team player, as you will liaise with eh grounds’ manager and the PA’s in London. You will have an enthusiastic and committed attitude and be an animal lover too.
You must be a confident driver with a clean licence. Starting ASAP, Salary £35,000 + depending on experience.