ead of Family Office Central London
Qualified ACA Level Accountancy Level Required (Essential)
A London based UK Family Office with varied interests that currently include Art and Film production and Property Development, is looking for a Head of UK Family Office, with strong experience of tax and legal matters. The Family are interesting and inclusive and the role will cover both the corporate and private interests of the family across a wide variety of sectors.
This role is ideal for someone wanting to step up from a current position and take the reins in this niche Family Office with a lot going on.
This position requires strong leadership skills, financial acumen, and the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and external service providers.
Accounting at ACA level is a pre-requisite and familiarity with Xero, extremely useful. The successful candidate will likely have a practice background and an understanding of legal and tax implications and structures will be helpful, enabling rigorous review and discussion of documents and proposals.
This is an extremely busy and fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will also likely have previous Family Office experience and thus understand the need to be flexible (both in range of duties and hours), autonomous and very “hands-on”, rather than relying on a support team.
Responsibilities likely to include:
- External Service Provider Management: Build and maintain relationships with external service providers such as lawyers, accountants, investment advisors, architects, building contractors, Trustees and insurance brokers to ensure the family's interests are effectively represented. Wealth Management: Oversee all aspects of the family's financial affairs, wealth planning corporate structuring, estate planning, tax optimization, risk management, and philanthropic activities. Client Relationship Management: Serve as the main point of contact for the family members, ensuring their financial needs, goals, and preferences are understood and addressed effectively. Monitoring costs and expenditure across all projects and entities and development of new financial analysis to add to a growing suite of reporting. Compliance and Risk Management: Ensure adherence to relevant legal and regulatory requirements, including company secretarial, data privacy, financial reporting, and risk management protocols. Continual Improvement. Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and new technologies to enhance the efficiency of the family office operations. Team Management: Recruit, train, and lead a team of professionals to deliver high-quality services to clients, ensuring a collaborative and supportive work environment. Financial Reporting Development and Oversight: Prepare, review, and develop financial reports for the corporate and personal interests. Handling corporate and personal tax matters including but not limited to VAT, corporation tax, ATED, income tax, CGT, IHT. Oversight of all family assets, properties, trusts and other relevant interests. Payroll
The successful candidate will be a crucial part of a small and focused team working across a large number of businesses and projects. The following are considered essential attributes:
- Fully qualified ACA.(Essential)
- Proven experience in similar role within a family office.
- Experience of developing and maintaining financial analyses Proven track record of systems implementation and maintenance Excellent IT skills, demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook Extensive management and statutory accounts experience Excellent written and verbal English Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail. High level of personal integrity and discretion Enquiring mind Self-motivating and solutions driven. Flexible, professional, and personable Exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to successfully communicate with people at all levels within and outside of the organisation.
Positive but not essential attributes include:
· Driving Licence and access to own vehicle
· French (desirable but not essential)
Salary: Dependent on experience Upwards of 150k