Busy family living in Kensington are seeking a confident, experienced and upbeat housekeeper cook who to join them on a live out basis. The family have 2 school aged boys who are pretty self-sufficient, but once they are back from school in the afternoons you will need to oversee them.
The family employ a morning housekeeper who works until mid-afternoon Monday to Friday.
Your duties to include but not limited to:
- daily family cooking
- household cleaning
- laundry to include, hand washing for delicates, washing, ironing, attention to and care of wardrobes & shoes
- arranging and organising household
- all orders for fruit & veg, meat, weekly Ocado & Waitrose and keeping house well stocked
- keeping household expenses
- flowers and plant care
- overseeing two children age 12 years old from 5pm, although very independent children
- dog walking and care (The family have a very friendly French Bulldog, so you must like dogs!)
- occasional proxy parenting during weekends when parents are travelling
- drivers licence is a bonus
- potential travel during summer and Christmas (not a deal breaker)
The family are looking for someone extremely well organised with a positive, can-do attitude and a sunny disposition and a willingness and ability to learn. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone to join a friendly and welcoming family home who enjoys keeping busy and always being one step ahead.
It is essential that the candidates have had longevity in the previous roles with fantastic checkable references.
Hours: 10/11am to 8pm Monday – Friday
Location: Kensington W8
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Will depend on the individual experience c. £40,000 - £42,000 gross per annum.
*Please note we cannot guarantee a response to every application*