Family based between their homes in Central London and Surrey are looking for a qualified and highly experienced Facilities Manager to join them on a live out basis. This is a fully staffed home where you will work as part of a close-knit household and office team.
Your duties as the Facilities Manager will include but not be limited to:
- Responsibility for the smooth functioning of the principal residences and additional smaller support properties in Central London and Surrey.
- Travelling routinely between the various properties keeping a regular updated schedule of works for each residence which includes a timeline for all proposed project and in-house tasks and the associated budget
- Oversee all household matters including but not limited to: technology, engineering & maintenance contracts, construction projects, pool/spa maintenance, art & antiques, landscaping, Lutron/Crestron lighting controls and state of the art heating and cooling systems etc.
- Maintaining annual preventative maintenance, testing schedules and a running list of defects and repairs to all properties.
- Maintaining and assessing the preferred contractor list for the properties and ensuring that the works are completed to the standard, timing and budget expected.
- To seek efficiencies and savings to the running costs where possible
- Promoting the highest standard of workmanships and care for the properties
- Overseeing and supervising contractors at the properties and managing renovations as required.
- Responsible for all property works records, health & safety, and risk assessments
- Responsible for the access arrangements to undertake the repair/maintenance work in each residence as and when required.
- Work alongside the household and administration teams providing support and assistance as and when required.
- Managing the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards and ensuring the necessary certifications are up-to-date and filed correctly.
- Maintain a manual for each property including annual works that need to be undertaken as well as details of contractors and systems that are used.
Qualifications & Skills required for the role:
- A skilled trade (plumbing, carpentry etc) through either studying at college or work experience, to a minimum level of HNC/HND. A broad and wide-ranging knowledge and experience in trade areas to include: construction, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, masonry and decorating.
- Project management experience welcomed
- General knowledge of UK Health and Safety and statutory regulations
- An understanding and experience of listed buildings and statutory regulations associated with the undertaking of works to properties and services
- The successful candidate may have gathered experience in private homes, deluxe or boutique hotels or Museums and Galleries - indeed any properties where great emphasis has been given not only to cutting edge E&M and IT/AV systems but also the soft and hard finishes, art, antiques along with fixtures and fittings.
- Confident and calm manner when liaising with all relevant stakeholders
- Sound judgement and confidence to make decisions as required
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills with a positive can-do attitude
- Enthusiastic and organised team players who will be hands-on when necessary
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills along with an excellent command of English, spoken and written;
- IT proficiency and good knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office (word/excel etc) especially in relation to preparing reports and maintaining inventories
- Able to take control of the supervision of all general household maintenance
- Able to manage accounts (sometimes in collaboration with the Family Office
Hours: Monday to Friday 40-45 hours a week, with the understanding that flexibility may be required at times
Salary: Up to £60,000 for the right candidate
Checkable references and right to work in the UK essential
*Please note we cannot guarantee a response to every application*