Senior or Head Housekeeper for private household in Marylebone, W1.
UHNW family are looking for a very experienced senior housekeeper with good front of house skills to join them on a live out basis. You will work alongside a small housekeeping team as well as nannies, a driver, chef and PA.
Hours: Monday to Friday 7.30am - 3.30pm (with additional hours agreed in advance)
Location: Central London, W1
Salary: up to £55K GPA, DOE
Your responsibilities as the head / senior housekeeper will include but not limited to:
* Carry out all cleaning requirements to a high standard
* Laundry Management: putting clothes in laundry, moving to dryer, ironing & wardrobe maintenance
* Polishing silver and copper
* Keeping track of stocks of household provisions
* Liaising with the chef to ensure breakfast provisions are stocked and coordinating with the weekend Housekeeper to ensure the kitchen is stocked for the weekend
* Meeting tradespeople and overseeing household accounts and utilities
* Hiring freelancers as required
* Prepping the family for travel including packing and unpacking travel suitcases
* Running errands, including dropping off and collecting dry cleaning
* Looking after 2 small dogs, walking them and providing day to day care
* Arranging appointments for the dogs - groomer, vet, dog walker
* Looking after and maintaining plants in the household, removing dead or dying flowers from otherwise good arrangements. Keep vase storage organised
* Organisation of household upkeep whilst the family are away
* Welcoming guests and visitors
* Having a visible presence within the house to ensure that all family request and queries are
responded to promptly and effectively
* Making small repairs - e.g. changing light bulbs
* Assisting and preparing for household events
* Receiving deliveries and managing post
* Dealing with work in covering employees during lateness, sickness, holidays etc.
* Ensuring the staff are wearing correct uniform and are well presented
* Dealing with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner ensure guest satisfaction at all times.
* Keep in constant communication with the family EA
* Taking control of emergencies i.e. fire and intruder alarms, initiating call outs where required.
* Being able to maintain and provide the highest standards when dealing with arts, silver, marble, fixtures and fittings.
* To provide healthy breakfasts for all members of the family. The chef will provide lunch and dinner for the family.
* To use fresh and organic produce only in all food preparation
The family are looking for a housekeeper who has:
* Proven experience as a Housekeeper in a large HNWI household
* Staff management experience
* Ability to work with little supervision and ability to manage other household staff
* Have a 'can' do' positive personality, happy to respond to changing requests
* Prioritisation and time management skills
* Ability to work quickly without compromising quality
* Good knowledge of both verbal and written English
* Numerate and communicative, able to use email, WhatsApp etc.
* Strong attention to detail
* Outstanding guest service skill
*PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE HAS NOW BEEN FILLED*