House Manager for HNW Household in Central London, SW1A.
We require a highly motivated, professional and experienced House Manager to be responsible for and manage a large residential property and team of staff (10 currently).
This is a large property over 6 floors, with some small refurbishment going on. You will have previous long term experience as a House Manager in a large London based home with other household staff.
Your duties will include:
- Supervise and direct the team of Housekeepers (5) Liaising with the Head of Housekeeping regarding their schedules, duties and staff rotation.
- Ensure the highest standard of cleaning is achieved at all times.
- Ensure and document the health and safety procedures for all staff under your supervision.
- Liaising with contractors for property maintenance issues.
- Unpacking high value items and helping put them away as directed.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are implemented and followed. Apply disciplinary procedures if
- Have a good understanding of people from various cultures and backgrounds working together and apply
to their strengths and weaknesses to encourage strong work ethics and team motivation.
- Ensure all staff members are properly trained and re-skilled as per the operations requirement.
- Develop and update the Household Manual and document related policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular audits (daily, weekly) spot checks and amendments as per the household Operations
- Overall responsibility for the household including kitchen and fridge cleanliness and cleaning of the floor
tiles and surfaces.
- Report property malfunctions to the maintenance team; follow through to make sure it is fixed. Act on
emergency breakdown immediately, ensuring instant repair.
- Keep the house to the highest standard. Keep a register of breakages and provide reports in such
occurrences of any damaged goods or furniture. Organize for the replacement / repair and provide a
budget/ quotation for approval.
- Occasionally attending and overseeing events that the Lady may be hosting in the house.
- Online shop orders and shopping requests for the household.
Reporting and Communications:
- Communicate messages from Principals to all concerned parties promptly.
- Communicate with all in-house teams as necessary and attend daily briefing.
Human Resources and Administration:
- Perform regular assessments of staff-providing planning, development and the best utilization of their
- Create and update the Household manual, documenting related policies and procedures.
Must be comfortable around animals
Salary: will DOE but around £50-60K
Hours: Monday – Friday 45-50 hours a week
Due to the volume of responses, we cannot guarantee a reply for each and every application, but your details will be kept on file and we look forward to assisting with your career in the near future.