Live Out Laundress/Housekeeper for HNW client in Central London SW1A. ASAP Start.
Looking for a top notch candidate who is experienced as a housekeeper but also as a laundress. Ideally with some hotel experience as the level of laundry expected is to a very high standard.
You will be live out working 5 days a week (although these days will not necessarily be consecutive and they may include weekend days) so you will be to be flexible. Hours are 8am – 4pm.
There are 3 other housekeepers/ladies maids who work on a rota., plus house manager, security, PA’s etc.
Duties will include:
- Professional laundress; washing, steaming, mending clothes, ironing clothing and linens as needed
- Organising all household laundry, folding and putting away
- Washing and ironing staff uniforms
- Clothes care and wardrobe management
- Garment sewing, mending, alterations and repairs
- Critical eye for detail
- Ensuring all areas of the house are kept spotless and well organised at all times
- Care of antiques, artwork, fine fabrics and finishes
- Maintaining general cleanliness in service areas and stock rooms
- Vacuuming, polishing, mopping floors, refreshing flowers, watering houseplants and general tidying of all rooms, stairwells and corridors
- They will work on a schedule to clean the entire house (6 floors of which they will be responsible for cleaning 4) throughout the week.
- Front of house duties including cloakroom, meeting, greeting and directing guests, contractors and tradesmen
- Furniture and room adjustments to principal’s preferences
Salary around £30,000.
Due to the volume of responses, we cannot guarantee a reply for each and every application, but your details will be kept on file and we look forward to assisting with your career in the near future.