Junior Live In Butler for fully staffed house in Central London – ASAP Start
A trained Butler is required for live-in position in a busy fully staffed household in Central London. The ideal candidate would be able to provide formal and informal service, feel comfortable greeting and serving VIPs at receptions & events, and have a positive outlook. You will report to the Head Butler and work alongside a junior butler.
Some travel with the family if required.
You will have:
• Butler training with positive references
• Ability to provide formal service
• Experience with private families in large households
• Flexibility to travel with the family if required
• Positive attitude
• Motivated and willing to work as part of a team
Duties and responsibilities
• Overseeing correct layout, change-over and upkeep of table services for breakfast, lunch and evening meals
• Serving food and drinks, ensuring proper service at all times
• Maintaining and cleaning valuable silverware, fine porcelain and crystal wares
• Managing and maintaining employers' wardrobes (ensuring clothes are washed, pressed and arranged, shoes polished etc.)
• Preparing luggage, packing / unpacking if required
• Managing stock and supply operations, in particular of high value commodities such as fine wines, cigars etc.
• Managing and supervising the creation and upkeep of floral displays
• Understanding, promoting and defending household protocols among staff and guests
• Maintaining exhaustive, up-to-date inventories of valuables
• Welcoming guests
6 days per week
The working hours will be discussed with the right candidate.
This is a live-in position, a separate bedroom with en-suite facilities will be provided.
The salary will depend on the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Please note due to the volume of applications we cannot guarantee a response to everyone.