- About Us
- Contact Us
- About Us
- Contact Us
We are recruiting for a full time live-out Senior Gardener / Maintenance Team Leader for a prestigious private estate in Buckinghamshire comprised of formal and leisure lawns, large planting borders, parkland trees and woodland. The gardens are currently in a transitional phase with many of the formal areas being remodelled, and the Senior Gardner / Maintenance Team Leader will be working hands on to ensure all newly landscaped areas are maintained to a very high standard, and simultaneously bringing the remainder of the garden to the next level. You will report directly to the Head Gardener, and in turn be responsible for leading a team (consisting of at least 3 Operatives) who will carry out general garden work in accordance with the annual maintenance programme.
Summary of responsibilities and duties:
• Deliver high standards of maintenance and horticulture by working with the Head Gardener and taking responsibility for set tasks and targets throughout the year.
• Work with your team to get the best results through one-on-one supervision, leading by example and creating a sense ownership of task and personal responsibility.
• Liaising with security, housekeeping staff and other contractors
• Setting the standard by leading a team of operatives and being directly responsible for the general maintenance of agreed areas.
• Maintenance and upkeep of all lawn areas, planted areas, parkland and woodland to high standards, including the implementation of seasonal treatments.
• General maintenance of all herbaceous boarders including weeding, seasonal pruning, cutting back and correct management of pest and diseases.
• Ensure the irrigation system is correctly maintained and kept in proper working order
• Ensuring that all mechanical equipment is correctly used, maintained and kept in proper working order.
• Adhere to and enforce safety policies and procedures on site
Required qualifications and skills:
• Significant practical experience in horticulture, supported by an appropriate qualification
• Sound knowledge of standard horticultural practices (planting, pruning, fertilising, etc), growth characteristics and identification of a wide variety of plants
• Up-to-date working knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment used in garden maintenance operations
• Significant experience with irrigation systems and able to identify signs of over/under watering
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Prior experience in a horticultural role in a private estate, preferably with experience leading a team
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Good time management – ability to prioritise, working efficiently and with a good idea of how long each task takes to complete
• Problem solver - ability to identify and resolve issues with speed
• Resilience – comfortable working in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining a positive and flexible attitude with an ability to motivate others
• Physical aptitude to working outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions
• High levels of ethical conduct: honesty, trustworthiness, integrity.
Location: Buckinghamshire SL2
Salary: £29,000 - £32,000 GPA
*Please note we cannot guarantee a response to every application*