Live In Housekeeper Couple in Bruton, Somerset
Full time position - 5 days per week, Monday to Friday with weekends off. Except when family are in residence when flexibility is required and days in lieu will be taken during the week.
This is a busy family of 5, with 3 dogs too!
We are looking for a proactive and experienced housekeeping, cook and maintenance couple who can confidently run and maintain a busy London based family's newly refurbished residence
in Bruton, Somerset.
The main house consists of: 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, kitchen, living room.
Outbuilding: Cottage with 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom.
The family are looking for a professional, hands on, discreet and experienced domestic couple to look after everything needed in the running of the property who has very high standards with attention to detail. A the couple you will have done a similar type role of working with a busy and active family and have had the responsibility to look after a second home previously.
Housekeeper duties include but not limited to:
* Excellent cooking skills - British food as well as international
* Menu planning and preparation
* Online and local food shopping
* Be able to cook for large groups on special occasions (more than 15 people)
* Cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner when family are in residence
* Cleaning to a high level throughout
* Taking care of wardrobes with fine materials
* Shopping and errand-running
* Table setting and food and drink service
* Greeting and serving guests
* Wine cellar management
* Caring for delicate art and special finishes in house
* Polishing and caring for silver, china, antiques and other specialist items
* Liaising with contractors and tradesman
* Media management - Sky, Netflix, Amazon, etc.
* Organising and taking care of all laundry throughout house
* Attention to detail on table and display
* Take care of all linen and laundry - attention to detail on presenting linen in bedrooms and bathrooms.
Maintenance Role duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
* Assisting with gardening
* Cleaning, servicing and general maintenance of all cars
* Walking dogs when needed
* Upkeep, washing and polishing of prestige cars and other vehicles
* Responsible for collecting family and guests from the train station
* Collecting principals from the airport whenever needed
* Servicing and maintaining household appliances
* Working with domestic primary housekeeper when required, hoovering, cleaning, assisting.
* Fireplace maintenance / topping up log baskets / laying fires, cleaning hearths and maintaining wood stock in house
* Assisting the housekeeper cook with dinner parties and entertainment on a non-formal level
* Clearance of drains and gutters
* Informal DIY/ lightbulb changing / minor repairs
* Maintaining and taking care of household equipment (vacuum cleaner, washing machine and other domestic
* Swimming pool, sauna and steam room care and cleaning/maintenance
* Storing away and taking care of all gardens and pool furniture
* Looking after security systems / taking care of security CCTV/Intercom security system.
* Basic air con maintenance
* Managing heat system
Location: Bruton, Somerset
Accommodation: A newly renovated one-bedroom cottage provided (sadly no pets or children
Full clean British driving license required
Car provided on and off duty
The family have asked for non smoking candidates only
Salary: DOE £70,000 - £80,000
*Please note that we cannot guarantee a response to every application*