A London based family of 7, plus their friendly Labrador, are looking for an experienced live in household couple for their beautiful 7-bedroom house and outbuildings in the Cotswolds.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work for an informal down to earth welcoming family. The family are based in London Monday - Friday and plan to spend around 3 months of the year in the countryside - during school holidays and the occasional weekend.
Internal duties required, but not limited to:
- Daily Housekeeping, cleaning, dusting, vacuuming to a high standard
- Polishing and caring for furniture, antiques, silver, and glassware
- Laundry & ironing
- Organising Ocado and Amazon orders and be responsible for taking deliveries at the house
- Cooking all meals for the family when they visit, the family enjoy eating tasty, family sharing type meals. There is also a vegetable patch in the garden which they would like to make use of seasonal produce.
Outdoor duties required, but not limited to:
- General day to day maintenance and odd jobs around the house and grounds
- Ensuring the outdoor pool is maintained and serviced
- Taking meter readings for all buildings
- Occasional driving duties
- Cleaning of outdoor patio and furniture
- Assisting the gardener with any work required outside
- Security of the property and setting alarms/ CCTV
The ideal couple will have worked together as a domestic household couple for many years within large country homes and enjoy being part of a family environment with young children and animals. There is no childcare involved as the family employ nannies, but a child friendly nature is essential!
Starting: This role is to start in September 2022
Hours: When the family are not in-residence Monday to Friday 8/9 hours a day. When the family are in residence flexibility will be required
Accommodation: Separate to the main house a 1-bedroom cottage over 3 floors with bathroom, WC, open plan living and kitchen. Fully furnished, well behaved pets considered. You will be able to use one of the client's vehicles for work purposes
Salary: £60,000 gross per annum DOE