We are looking for a fantastic Head Gardener/Estate Manager to work on a Family Estate based in Hampshire, a good all-rounder is key!
This is a long-term live in position to an UHNW family.
You will work alongside the Estate team.
5 days a week, 45 hours per week - flexibility is essential.
Job Title: Estate Manager/Head Gardener
Location: Hampshire (Postcode: RG26), or other sights as deemed necessary
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: up to £45,000 GPA
- 30 Acres of grounds, which include landscaped gardens and fields.
The ideal gardener will have:
- Experience working on a private estate or for a high-quality gardening company
- Strong horticultural knowledge is a must.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to get the job done well
- Positive 'can do' attitude
- Physical fitness and energy levels
- Ability to work collaboratively and harmoniously as part of a team
- Be helpful, patient and kind.
- Must be flexible as the requirements of the role change.
- Discreet and professional at all times
- Must be able to drive
- Security conscious
- Health & Safety, First Aid - able to react in the event of an emergency.
- High standards of hygiene and cleaning are essential.
- Good spoken English important
- Must have leave to remain in the UK or British passport
80% gardening 20% general Family assistance:
- Excellent lawn knowledge.
- Planting and installation of containerised plants
- Experience in the upkeep of a successful vegetable garden
- Maintaining plant health: feeding, pruning, watering
- Weeding, pruning shrubs and climbers. Mulching and edging flowerbeds
- Disease and plant pest control
- Maintaining a small pond
- Experience using and maintaining gardening machinery
- Confident liaising with contractors
- Driving when required
Additional tasks the gardener will do on an ad-hoc basis:
- Providing 24-hour security and cover when on call at night.
- First class assistance to elderly family members - responsible, patient, professional, committed. Their wellbeing is a priority.
- Picking up / dropping off Family members from the airport
- Assisting with ad-hoc interior and exterior maintenance of the property
- Basic household admin, calling out engineers, dealing with tradesmen, good with email/internet.
- Confident and logical approach to property maintenance tasks
- Assisting with upkeep of Family cars
*Please note we cannot guarantee a response to every application*