This is a fantastic role for a motivated and proactive hands on House Manager ex Head Housekeeper looking for a challenging live-in role in Hampshire with management duties. The principals home is 6-bedroom with an adjoining annex and a residential 2 bed stable block. Set in 17 acres of grounds which include landscaped gardens, a tennis court, a barn media room as well as garages. There are other staff employed so you will work within a small close knit team. 4 adults live on the Estate, the principal & his wife who travel regularly and his elderly parents who are mainly on site.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Will manage the house in its entirety, including 2 staff.
• Muck in with all housekeeping, laundry and shopping for the house with the support of other staff. Experience in this is essential.
• Must be flexible as the requirements of the role change.
• Must have previous experience in a managerial role and working in a similar set up.
• Health & Safety, First Aid training so knows how to react in certain emergency situations.
• The Principal is often away and needs to know his parents are left in good hands 24/7 with someone who can handle the running of the house as well as any eventuality.
• High standards of hygiene and cleaning are essential.
• Ability to work collaboratively and harmoniously as part of a team and ensure 24/7 care is provided by the team at all times.
• Driving Family members shopping or to appointments when required.
• Managing household admin.
• Close attention to detail.
• Responsible, common sense, able to use initiative and be proactive.
• A good working culture is important and work ethic is vital
• Discreet and professional personality, honest and trustworthy.
Please note first interviews will be held via Zoom.
Hours: Flexibility is key, ideally 6 days a week, but will also consider 5 days a week working 8 hours a day. Sometimes your days off will differ week to week and some weekend work will be asked.
Salary: DOE c £35,000 - £40,000
Must have: clean driving licence & up to date First Aid (or willing to do one)
Accommodation: 2 bedroom annex situated above the grandparents residence, there is a separate entrance through a side entrance that does not disturb the family. There is a bathroom with combined kitchen diner.
*Please note we cannot guarantee a response to every application*