High Profile family living in Suffolk are looking for a responsible, hands on and experienced House manager to join them on a full time, live in basis. A 2 bedroom cottage in the grounds is provided.
As the House Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the household, grounds, interior and exterior teams. Providing the link between the principals and staff, working alongside household and PA’S.
Job responsibilities to include but not be limited to:
- Engaging and overseeing outside contractors, service providers and suppliers.
- Staff training and development
- Purchasing goods for the household
- Overseeing or, the delegation of contractor ‘babysitting’ within the house / estate
- Ensuring any maintenance issues are brought to the owner’s attention
- Ensure efficiency, harmony, and morale is encouraged and maintained
- Care of household guests and visitors
- Service of refreshments and meals
- Care of silver, china, antiques, and other specialist items
- Management of wine cellar.
- Instruct the maintenance and upkeep of outbuildings
- Oversee purchase of maintenance equipment and supplies
- Ensure the completion of exterior jobs
- Delegate to ensure a fair working environment
- Ordering animal feed
- Animal welfare & veterinary appointments
- Ensuring all business areas comply with current health and safety
- Overseeing household and grounds keeping staff, including hiring, termination, payroll liaison
- Writing and updating household manuals
- Performance reviews
- Management of holiday Rota
- Monitoring of casual staff hours and pay
- Record keeping of hours, holiday, and lieu days
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm with flexibility
Salary: Will depend on previous experience
Must have a valid UK driving license, a clean enhanced DBS check/ two references including most recent employer.