Leaman Consulting can help with all your Private Household staffing requests, including searches for a Housekeeper, Chef, Chauffeur, Houseman/Handyman, Estate Couple, House Manager, Butler and more. We have worked on many ad-hoc & specialist roles as we understand that each household has different requirements. With an outstanding reputation, we fully understand the importance of finding our clients the right candidate to become part of their home.
Types of Household Staff we Provide:
- Housekeepers - A professional housekeeper is one of the most important private household roles when it comes to a smooth and efficient running of a home. Housekeepers can undertake a variety of tasks including hands on cleaning, laundry and ironing. Family cooking, some childcare, animal care, running errands and household shopping. If you have a larger household with multiple housekeeping staff then we can help with head housekeepers too.
- Butlers / Houseman - The role of a Butler can be multi-faceted – often including more traditional duties such as formal table service and setting, serving drinks, personal valet, care of the principal’s artwork, silverware, antiques and the wine cellar. In other households the Butler may be asked to take on some more hands on tasks (Houseman) including simple maintenance, some chauffeuring and household related administration.
- Private Chef - Private Chefs within households can offer part or full time hours. Whether you are looking for a highly qualified fine dining chef, or an everyday professional family chef we can help place to suit your household’s needs. Most chefs will be qualified and have worked for at least 5 years minimum as a private chef, or may have come from luxury hotel / high end restaurant backgrounds. Aside from the cooking aspect, the role of the chef may also include menu planning and grocery shopping – although this is often alongside the housekeeper and/or principal.
- Chauffeurs - Duties of a private chauffeur will include all personal driving for a principal / family. Including safe route planning and driving at all times. They will be responsible for the care and maintenance of the vehicle or fleet of vehicles. Often drivers will be happy to take on other tasks inside the house – basic DIY, assisting with luggage, running errands & administration. Some chauffeurs will have come from a corporate driving background, or may have transitioned from an ex-police / military background.
- Domestic Couples - Domestic couples will be happy to take on a variety of tasks to ensure a private estate is ran smoothly. Depending on the household location and size an estate / domestic couple will cover: housekeeping, laundry, ironing, cooking, driving, gardening, DIY & maintenance, pet care and much more!
- House/Estate Manager - The role of a household manager is varied, they will take responsibility for overseeing the smooth running, general upkeep and maintenance of large properties and private residences (often multiple / international). They will supervise and manage household staff ensuring a high standard is kept at all time. Liaise with the principal and/or Private PA with regards to household budgers, recuritment, event planning, staff rotas, and sourcing for the household. House Managers will need to be happy to assist in all areas of the household and have a hands on attitude
- Childcare & Nanny Services - We specialise in placing experienced and caring child carers, live in nannies, daily nannies, travelling nannies, bilingual nannies, temporary nannies, maternity nurses and governesses in private households, estates, royal households, high profile, top executives and professional families around the world.
The skills, knowledge and experience of all the above will depends on the clients individual needs & size of household.