About Celia Harmston
Browse Celia Harmston latest jobs
Lovely family of 4 are seeking a professional, proactive and experienced nanny to join them on a 24/5 basis at their home in Monaco.
It is imperative that you have experience working in a 24hour schedule before (ideally internationally) and in particular with weaning, potty training, sleep training, routine and age appropriate discipline with 0-5 year olds.
You will plan fun activities and be educationally aware, ensuring the boys are learning and stimulated at all times. The family also employ 2 live out housekeepers in the home too who take care of the children’s rooms and laundry – you will be responsible for some cooking for the children and their wardrobes.
The family are casual at home, but when out and about they are formal – you will be an extension of the family and need to represent them at all times. Professional, well presented and well mannered.
The role would be ideally 24/5 with big travel 3 times a year for a month at a time (the family would always give holidays during and provide extra help where necessary in this period. Typically by having a standby nanny to take over).
Salary: Will reflect experience
Accommodation: Own one bedroom apartment within the same building as the family
*please note we cannot guarantee a response to every application*
UHNW family in Central London are seeking a professional, switched on and strong house manager to join their team. You will be hands and on process driven, able to implement structure with a hard working attitude.
The property is a large home in Regents Park over 5 floors, kept to hotel standard at all times. So your eye for detail must be spot on. This would suit someone who has worked as House Manager in a top London home and/or luxury yacht background.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Management of the household staff including recruitment, rotas and performance reviews
• Working with the chefs on menus, adhering to strict dietary requirements
• Purchasing and provisioning of household items
• Implementation and development of systems and processes inside the house
• Development of the household manual
• Coordinate dinner parties and small events at the house
• The maintenance and upkeep of the London home. Organizing all contractors and vendors.
• Database management and development (inventories etc)
• Report writing (update reports on the property and what is upcoming).
• Being able to represent the family as a front of house for guests and contractors.
• Purchasing for the principals
• Knowledge of AV systems and Crestron.
• Oversee packing for travel.
• Ensuring that the house has fresh flower arrangements
• Training staff
• Wardrobe management
• Ensuing dog has correct paper work for flying and anything else it requires.
• Booking appointments
• Some international travel will be required
• Any other reasonable adhoc duties that may arise
Days & hours of work: Generally 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday but a lot of flexibility is expected, this is not a ‘9-5’ role
Salary: DOE £60,000 - £70,000 gpa
A professional family of 4 living in Kensington, close to Holland Park and Notting Hill, are looking for a top notch housekeeper. The property itself is over 5 floors and you will be required to deliver a very high standard of cleaning, laundry and ironing. The family employ a nanny to care for their 2 children (3 and 5 years old) so you must be child friendly and happy to work in a family environment. They also employ a chef. The family are looking for someone who is proactive and able to work well alone and keep up with a busy household and the family’s needs.
Liaising with the family’s PA or property management company with regards to repairs and issues that may arise in the house. You will have worked as a private housekeeper for families previously and/or high end luxury hotels and have great checkable references.
Hours: Monday – Friday 7.30am – 7.30pm 50 hours a week, there may be some travel in the summer (1-2 weeks maximum)
Salary: £600 - £650 net per week (DOE)
Accommodation: Own bedroom & bathroom separate entrance
* Please note this role has now been filled, but if you are looking for something similar, please send your CV over*
Return client of Leaman Consulting is looking for a professional and child-friendly live-in housekeeper to join a busy family and help maintain and clean their weekend/holiday home in Haslemere, Surrey. Starting in June, the principal are looking for an experienced candidate with a "get stuck-in" attitiude.
Start Date: Mid to end of June
Salary: Up to £35,000 gross per annum
Hours Required: 40 hours per week to include, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 7pm
*Hours can be flexible when the family aren’t there
Driver: Driver essential with own car
Accommodation: Separate Annex with bedroom, kitchenette and bathroom. If they have a dog this is ok.
Pets: 1 dog – Labrador (currently a puppy) and chickens
- The property is a large country house with 8 bedrooms, set in about 10 acres with a swimming pool and stunning views. It is a weekend / holiday home and is rented.
- The family tend to visit twice a month in the summer months but less often in the winter.
- Location of the house is quite remote. It is about 2 miles down a quiet country lane.
- Someone honest and trustworthy to maintain the house when the family aren’t in residence.
- They are a young household. The home is informal and very busy. They are a child centred family.
- They will often invite friends to stay with them, most of whom have children.
- With this role, it’ll either be very quiet (when the family aren’t there) or super busy (when the family are in residence). Rarely anything in between!
- There is a gardener who visits once a week. He keeps the outside tidy, mows the lawns etc.
- Cleaning to a high standard – including deep cleans when the family are not there.
- Preparing the house for the family’s arrival and tidying after they have left.
- Laundry & ironing.
- Cooking – to a good standard but this is not the most important thing.
- When the family are in residence, they usually have nannies with them however they need someone who can help with the kids as it is a very busy household – such as baking with the children or watching over one of them on occasion.
- Running errands such as grocery shopping.
- Liaising with the PA, based in London.
- Placing online orders.
- Collecting family members/staff from the train station.
- Dealing with trades people for logs, coal, pool maintenance etc
- Watering plants and looking after the vegetable / fruit garden.
- Feeding the chickens and collecting eggs.
* Please note this role is now on hold until after the summer 2020*
*On Hold* Leaman Consulting is looking for a professional and proactive Nanny for a rota position caring for two children in Central London. You will work on rotation with another Nanny to care for two children (aged 2-4 years old). Early years experience is key. Rota will be one week on, one week off.
Duties will include:
- Co-ordinating weekly schedules for the children
- Preparing nutritious meals, snacks & drinks and clearing up afterwards
- All nursery duties including tidying their bedroom & toys, changing and making beds, sterilising items etc
- Arranging entertainment and playdates for the children
- Proxy parenting and babysitting as required
- Occasional other duties as required
All meals and accommodation when on duty will be included within the package. Candidate to return home on weeks off.
A charismatic, highly professional and reliable nanny with excellent recent nanny references and all round childcare experience is required.
Role is to start mid-July 2020 earliest
Salary starting £60,000 gross per year.
*Due to high volume of applications, we are only able to get back to shortlisted applicants*
Wonderful and warm family living in Chelsea are looking for a fun and bubbly nanny/ family assistant to care for their 3 children primary school aged children. The role would be working Monday-Friday caring for a 5, 7 and 8 year old.
The family would love a long-term commitment - someone who can stay for at least 2-3 years. The family are warm, friendly and informal.
The family employ a live in nanny and she tends to look after the baby and toddler. The new weekday nanny would focus on the older three children. Experience with their age group would be essential.Experience with multiples vital and nursery/teaching experience beneficial.
Working hours during school term: 12-8
Working hours during school holidays: c.10-8
It is a shared care role in a very friendly, informal family. The family are very close to their staff so the nanny needs to get on with everyone including other staff! Ideally they will have worked alongside other staff/nannies before.
There are some admin/PA tasks relating to the kids, such as ordering balloons for a birthday party, collecting a prescription etc.
Location: Chelsea + Travel
Start date: Open
Salary: £45,000 gross per year +/-
A professional nanny is sought for an international family of 4 in Kensington. You will be caring for 2 boys, aged 3 and 5 years old. Currently the eldest is being home schooled, you would need to oversee this and the homework set as well as look after the 3 year old. It is shared and sole care.
The family also employ a full time housekeeper, driver and part time chef – you will be responsible for the boys laundry, bedrooms and playrooms and some snack prep etc, but the main meals are generally taken care of by the chef.
This is a temporary (possibly to perm) position starting ASAP until at least September. There may be 1-2 weeks of travel this August TBC.
The ideal candidate will have looked after children of a similar age have a high energy approach, be professional, confident and kind.
Location: Kensington W8
Hours: Mon – Fri 8am – 6pm
Salary: DOE £600-£650 npw
Lovely young couple living in Holland Park are looking for a flexible part time (3 day) housekeeper to work 18-20 hours a week. They are open to someone working 5 mornings a week, if you are seeking more hours.
Their previous housekeeper usually worked Monday, Wednesday & Friday and duties included all high level housekeeping, laundry, cooking simple healthy lunches (Ottolenghi style, they enjoy healthy and plant based meals).
They also have a very friendly little dog (schnauzer) who will need caring for and walking when you are there.
The property is a 4 bedroom house with 2 adults living there. They often travel so are not always there, but you will still be required to go in and keep the house running. They often entertain at weekends and have dinner parties with friends so if you were free and happy to help cook for these (paid extra of course) this would be really helpful.
You will have worked as a private housekeeper before, have good checkable references, be friendly, diligent and discrete.
The principals are really down to earth and easy going and would want their housekeeper to be comfortable and become part of the family.
If you speak Swedish that would be a bonus!
This would suit someone with a very flexible work ethic, with high standards of cleaning. The previous housekeeper has another self-employed business which she fitted in with the hours as a housekeeper.
Salary: £13-15nph (depending on experience)
Hours: Either Mon/Wed/Fri 7 hours a day OR Mon – Fri 4-5 hours a day in the morning
*please note we cannot guarantee a response to every application*
You will work well alone, in this large newly refurbished property. The house is 6 bed over 5 floors. Top spec throughout with antiques and artwork. All housekeeping, laundry and ironing and handling of some expensive clothing and items.
You must have extremely high standards of cleanliness and organisation. You will be a quick and efficient worker with experience working in UHNW/VIP Households.
This is a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children. There is a small household team employed (nanny, chef, driver, House manager and PAs) so you must be a good team player with a muck in attitude. However at weekends it will just be yourself and a nanny.
The family recently got a puppy, so a dog lover would be good, happy to walk and groom etc.
Location: Holland Park
Salary: £15 net per hour
Hours: Every Saturday and Sunday, 9 hours a day (They would consider a Friday too if you are looking for more hours)
Live in Housekeeper Cook for High Profile Individual in Central London
This is a new position within a busy home in Central London W1. The role is to start in May/June 2020. The house is spread over 3 floors (including a basement), it is traditional inside with antiques and artwork, stone floors and wood also.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- General cleaning/tidying daily (deep cleans will be taken on by other staff)
- Cooking when requires, preparing breakfasts and dinners plus occasional lunches (this changes weekly)
- Food shopping and maintaining the fridge
- Dog care, walking, feeding, taking to vet/groomers
- Taking and picking up dry cleaning
- Taking deliveries
- Sorting post
- Answering the door
- Ordering cleaning supplies
- Maintaining outdoor area in between gardener visits
- Managing security alarms
- Liaising with external contractor
- Must have a full UK driving license ideally.
- Must have a recent enhanced DBC check, or willing to do one.
- Checkable references a must
Start date: May/June 2020
Work days: Mon-Fri
Hours: 8am – 8pm
Salary: £500 - £550 net per week (£34,000 + per year)
Accommodation: is self-contained within the house
*Please note we cannot guarantee a response to all applications*
A wonderful & busy international couple and their 3 teenage children (ages 15 – 18 years) are seeking a professional housekeeper to manage all aspects of their apartment within in central Mayfair. It is a stunning development refurbished to a very high spec.
The family are in the UK around 120 days a year and when they are in the here full flexibility will be required from the housekeeper. There is one other full time housekeeper/cook (who we placed), a driver and a PA - so you will work alongside each other as a team. The family are in informal however the apartments are kept to an extremely high standard at all times and your attention to detail must be top on.
You should be happy travel (mainly to USA) with them if needed – this is planned very far in advance and is unlikely to be longer than 7-10 days.
All usual housekeeper duties will be required. It would be helpful if you have worked previously as a housekeeper in Hong Kong.
Days & Hours: 9am – 5pm Monday - Friday when not in residence, flexible when they are here.
Starting: Feb/Mar 2020
Salary: will depend on experience c. £37,000 - £39,000 gpa
It is a live out role, but there may be times you will be asked to stay over / live in when they are in London – accommodation will be provided for you in a seperate apartment in the same building.
*please note this role has now been filled*