Your job search results: 8 UK (Non-London) Jobs
Your job search results:
8 UK (Non-London) Jobs
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working with external sources when required (garden designer/architects)
- Ordering supplies, preparing the ground, planting and pruning of shrubs, tree and plants, discussing work with Estate Manager and coming up with ideas/solutions for any problems.
- Liaising with Estate Manager/Principals as to what is required. Ability to work well with others.
- Physically strong and flexible, creative with design ideas and a passion for practical hands on work.
- Able to work with plans or produce sketches and designs when required.
- Able to use estate machinery for mowing, hedge cutting etc.
Location: Liphook, Hampshire
Start date: asap
Salary: dependent on experience
Our HNW client is seeking an experienced and hardworking Estate Manager/Housekeeper Couple to help maintain their stunning residence in Liphook, Hampshire.
The residence is a Tudor style 7 bedroom house within 150 acres of land. Preferred is a couple who have worked within a listed building & estate and knows the ropes with regard to restrictions and repairs within a listed building. They have a gardener and groundsman and will be also taking on a landscape gardener.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Dealing with all trades and contractors with regard to the estate.
- Overseeing all maintenance, managing budgets and the day to day smooth running of the estate.
- Responsible for overseeing any agricultural activities and that the land is being used to its’ full potential.
- Obtaining quotations and signing off on completion for works done on the house, grounds or cottages attached to the estate.
- Overseeing other members of staff on the estate.
- Professional and personable, happy to roll up the sleeves with good budget management skills.
- An excellent all rounder with previous experience within a HNW Household.
- Experience with silver, antiques and expensive household items.
- Cleaning and sanitising kitchen and bathrooms In particular, cleaning all flooring and dusting/polishing furniture.
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpets and rugs when needed.
- Making beds and changing linen & towels.
- Good laundry and ironing skills, able to sew and make minor repairs when needed.
- Handwashing of delicate items.
- Happy to assist the chef with set-up and clearing of meals and service, making a snack or cup of tea etc
- A positive and helpful personality is essential with top all round skills.
Salary is negotiable according to experience
Location: Hampshire, Liphook
Hours: 5 days a week, to include weekends (exact hours tbc, but flexibility is key)
Accommodation: The successful candidates will be provided with a 2-bedroom cottage within the grounds.
The family are looking for someone who will stay for the long term and become a valued member of their staff (many with them for 20 years!)
A fabulous role has arisen for a live-in experienced Private Chef to work for an UHNW family in a beautiful home in Hampshire (2-3 days per week) and travel to London with them for 2-3 days per week) Top accommodation provided in each residence. Main working hours are 5 days per week but time off in lieu when the family needs you. Experience working within a private household is essential and a modern, nutritious manner of cooking/presentation is needed as well as traditional British fare. A style of Ottolenghi but able to rustle up a great a hamburger/smoothie also! An excellent eye for detail with top skills managing larger/fridge and planning menus. Mainly cooking for 3-4 adult individuals (husband/wife/daughter/grandfather) in the family but flexibility required as visiting grown up children and the occasional dinner party for up to 20. A great pride in your work and happy to run a garden kitchen and produce an interesting and creative menu for a fabulous family. Top levels of hygiene and stocktaking/purchasing and budget management. A happy and positive personality is essential together with excellent references Salary is negotiable according to experience. Role is to start asap. The family are looking for someone who will stay for the long term and become a valued member of their staff (many with them for 20 yeas!)
Return client of Leaman Consulting is looking for a professional and child-friendly live-in housekeeper to join a busy family and help maintain and clean their weekend/holiday home in Haslemere, Surrey. Starting in June, the principal are looking for an experienced candidate with a "get stuck-in" attitiude.
Start Date: Mid to end of June
Salary: Up to £35,000 gross per annum
Hours Required: 40 hours per week to include, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 7pm
*Hours can be flexible when the family aren’t there
Driver: Driver essential with own car
Accommodation: Separate Annex with bedroom, kitchenette and bathroom. The principal would be happy for a couple to live in the annex. If they have a dog this is ok.
Pets: 1 dog – Labrador (currently a puppy) and chickens
- The property is a large country house with 8 bedrooms, set in about 10 acres with a swimming pool and stunning views. It is a weekend / holiday home and is rented.
- The family tend to visit twice a month in the summer months but less often in the winter.
- Location of the house is quite remote. It is about 2 miles down a quiet country lane.
- Someone honest and trustworthy to maintain the house when the family aren’t in residence.
- They are a young household. The home is informal and very busy. They are a child centred family.
- They will often invite friends to stay with them, most of whom have children.
- With this role, it’ll either be very quiet (when the family aren’t there) or super busy (when the family are in residence). Rarely anything in between!
- There is a gardener who visits once a week. He keeps the outside tidy, mows the lawns etc.
- Cleaning to a high standard – including deep cleans when the family are not there.
- Preparing the house for the family’s arrival and tidying after they have left.
- Laundry & ironing.
- Cooking – to a good standard but this is not the most important thing.
- When the family are in residence, they usually have nannies with them however they need someone who can help with the kids as it is a very busy household – such as baking with the children or watching over one of them on occasion.
- Running errands such as grocery shopping.
- Liaising with the PA, based in London.
- Placing online orders.
- Collecting family members/staff from the train station.
- Dealing with trades people for logs, coal, pool maintenance etc
- Watering plants and looking after the vegetable / fruit garden.
- Feeding the chickens and collecting eggs.
Leaman Consulting is looking for an experienced nanny to help a family with 4 children care for their children over the summer.
-Nanny to support French family with 3 children
-Basic support for all three girls (newborn, 5 years, 7 years)
-Based in Biot, France (20mins drive from Nice and Cannes)
-Live out preferred (ensuite room can be provided)
-Starting asap until at least September
-Reliable, trustworthy, resourceful etc.
-To support with homework, fun creative activities, educational games etc. (we are unsure when beaches, restaurants etc. will open again, but family home has an outdoor pool, ample garden space and lots of games and resources)
-Help parents with the baby (born March 2020)
-5 days per week
-Preference for English speaking but not essential
- Salary dependent on experience
The role would suit an English nanny local to Biot and within driving distance. If you know of nannies local to Biot and interested we would welcome an introduction. The family would consider flying a nanny to join them on a temporary live-in basis.
The clients are well-known to our agency and we have worked with them before.
A top opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head of Finance reporting to the Board and leading a team of 5. Accountable for the accurate reporting of financial results and managing the company's financial affairs. Responsible for the financial management of the organisation you will be responsible for a wide range of duties to include:-
Managing the financial reporting for the organisation including monthly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting and providing sound financial support and insights to enable critical business decisions at Board level.
Managing and overseeing the taxation affairs and liaising with external professionals for specialist advice.
Managing cash flow and external auditor relationship ensuring compliance with accounting standards.
Overseeing banking and borrowing arrangements
Managing and overseeing the financial systems of the company, investment appraisal and analysis.
Recruitment, training and development of staff
Overseeing payable, receivable, tax, treasury, payroll, financial and management accounting functions
Profitability and trend analysis
Understanding the history of the company and its competitors
Risk Management to ensure the business has solid risk framework strategy
Overseeing commercial decision making from analysis, margin analysis, pricing etc
Advising and implementing best practice methods to increase revenue and reduce costs.
Advising on market changes and providing strategic financial recommendations
Advising on best practice to reduce costs and increase revenue
Advising on market changes and giving strategic financial recommendations
Managing and tracking budget and accounting information
Attributes will include:
Sound decision making skills based on accurate analysis
Top time management skills together with exceptional communication and leadership skills.
Able to liaise will all levels of staff and lead by example
A top problems solver with integrity and a high level of ethics
Confident and professional with excellent oral and communication skills
Strategic thinking with a creative problem solving style
Good under pressure
Ability to collaborate with Senior Management to organise and plan financial goals
Advanced IT skills including advanced Excel and financial reporting software (SAP)
Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
Professional accounting qualification
3 years+ experience as a Financial Controller or similar level minimum. Similar working experience within wholesale or retail industries. A self starter with enthusiasm able to work under their own initiative. Commercial awareness and results driven.
An excellent opportunity for a career orientated individual wanting to join a very successful and growing international company.
A private HNW household are seeking to recruit a housekeeper to assist with the upkeep of multiple properties for the Principal, working as part of a team. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that the properties are maintained to the highest standard. Every day you will be directly involved in cleaning and laundry. You will be responsible for the appearance and upkeep of the house both on a day to day basis and during hosted events. You will also work closely with the other household staff, and may occasional be needed to assist with some valet and wardrobe duties.
The role will require flexibility to travel between Principal’s properties – two in London and very occasionally one on the UK south coast.
We are looking for someone who has a hands-on approach and an exceptional eye for detail in completing daily household tasks. You will have good communication skills, integrity and trustworthiness. You will be able to demonstrate a discreet approach and handling confidential information appropriately.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in private households, hospitality, hotels or restaurants
- Expert experience with cleaning and laundry
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Right to work within the UK
- Able and willing to drive in the UK, ideally with own vehicle
- Hands on approach, willing to be personally involved in cleaning and laundry
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive and can-do attitude
- Team player who enjoys working with different types of people
- Copes well with last minute requests
- Trustworthy, works discreetly and handles confidential information appropriately
- Happy to travel at short notice, sometimes for extended periods
Cleaning and laundry
- Clean personally on daily basis; responsible for all cleaning that happens across the properties, using the correct products and equipment to maintain the highest standards
- Do laundry personally on daily basis; responsible for the daily function of the laundry, ensuring linens and clothes are correctly cleaned, pressed and stored.
- Ensure that laundry equipment is maintained and used correctly
- Perform daily turndown
- Assisting other household staff with valet and wardrobe tasks when needed
- Prepare the property before events
- Clean the property after events
Appearance and upkeep of properties
- Responsible for maintaining properties’ cleanliness in constant readiness for Principal’s arrival
- Responsible for keeping all consumables refilled – e.g. soap dishes and dispensers refilled, toilet rolls and tissue boxes refilled etc.
- Ensure other smaller presentation aspects are in correct order e.g. clocks running at correct times, candles in correct places, any lightbulbs not working are quickly reported or replaced and similar.
- Ensure all faults, breakages and maintenance jobs are immediately reported to head butler/house manager
- Occasionally travel to Dorset property to prepare for the Principal
Communication and working with others
- Working as part of the team with the rest of the housekeeping and butler/valet team.
- Provide support and information to senior members of the household team to ensure that the routine of the house is clear and any issues are quickly raised
- 10:00 – 20:00, 5 days per week, working at least two weekends per month.
- Flexibility with hours and travel between properties is essential
- Requirement to respond to calls and messages outside of working hours
£35,000 - £40,000, depending if live-out or live-in
SW London, close to Kingston (and occasionally other UK location, where staff accommodation is available)
*Please note we cannot guarantee a response to all applications*
Head Butler / Household Manager
A private household is seeking to recruit a Head Butler with House management skills, to ensure the households are maintained immaculately and operating at the highest standards. The primary responsibilities within the residences will be managing the efficient function of the households and staff.
You will have a hands-on approach and be willing to be personally involved in daily tasks, as well as overseeing the rest of the household staff.
You will have integrity, strong work ethic and good communication skills. You must be trustworthy and able to demonstrate that you can handle confidential information appropriately.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in private households, hospitality, hotels or restaurants
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing staff teams, rotas and procedures
- Butler qualifications and experience of serving customers, diners, guests or a Principal directly
- Full clean UK driving license
- Wardrobe and clothing management experience is an advantage
- Happy to travel at short notice
- Responsible for upkeep and efficient function of the main residence in South West London, secondary property in Central London and a third property in Dorset.
- Ensure the highest standards are maintained within the households, in terms of presentation and provisions.
- Maintaining household lists, checklists and inventories.
- Co-coordinating maintenance projects within the household, such as servicing of appliances, window cleaning, carpets cleaning. Dealing with a network of preferred contractors and trusted suppliers.
- Occasional picture hanging or other smaller household jobs when required, e.g. changing light bulbs, small repairs etc.
- Re-stocking of non-scented candles, light bulbs, fire wood and other household consumables.
- Shopping for new household items such as kitchenware and tableware, appliances etc. Budgeting.
- Liaising with the sommelier and the Principal on organization of the wine cellar and alcoholic drinks in the butler’s pantry
Events and Service
- Butler and drinks service for the Principal when he is in residence
- Table service for the Principal and guests when required, directing at other times
- Greeting and welcoming guests and VIPs
- Supervising and leading the service and logistics for events taking place at properties:
- Occasional dinners for up to 4 guests once or twice a week
- Monthly dinners for up to 15 guests
- Oneoff summer party for up to 40 guests
- Ensure property is fully prepared before events, and cleaned up after events
- Organization of staff for private functions, weekends away, ensuring adequate cover is in place
- Organization of tableware for daily use and functions; selecting crockery, cutlery and consulting the principle on his preference.
- Carry out regular stock checks on china, crystal and other objets d’art, arranging repair/replacement where necessary
- Overseeing household staff: chefs, valets and housekeepers.
- Ensure the chefs are planning weekly menus and all regularly ordering all catering provisions.
- Ensure the household staff are following correct procedures (and any adjustments are passed on in a timely manner).
- Collaborating with the security team and gardening team to ensure cohesive procedures and smooth running of the household.
- Communicating with other household staff on behalf of the Principal
- Regularly communicating with Director of Operations to ensure smooth running of properties, informing of any issues found by either yourself or your team that require attention.
- Provide suggestions and direction regarding improvement within the household procedures and routines.
- You will be trusted with the keys for the household, and will be provided with a debit card for expenses as and when required.
- Hands on involvement in day to day tasks
- Ensuring all household staff on site know their start times, roles and responsibilities for the day
- Working closely with the security to manage visitors and deliveries to the property
- Ensure all the daily and weekly house checks, procedures and activities are performed by assigned members of household team or yourself, such as;
- Candles lit before guests arrive (lunch – all scented candles, dinner – scented candles and candles in conservatory)
- Blow out candles at the end of the evening and replace lid
- Check soaps in bathrooms daily
- Master bathroom and guest bathroom cleaned each evening after use
- Setting fireplaces daily, lighting fireplaces before guests arrive. House lights on in the evening.
- Ensure all clocks are working and 5 mins fast at all times
- Turndown when required (normal day – done in the evening. For events – once guests sit for dinner)
- Polishing silver and cutlery
- Arranging, changing and watering flowers daily
- Cooking for the Principal when the chefs are away
- Carry out any other task the Principal may reasonably ask.
Travel and Hours
Occasional travel overseas to properties within Europe, when Principal is hosting significant events, or travelling ahead of the Principal to prepare household for arrival.
Regular travel to the clients other UK property on the Southwest coast, to prepare household for arrival or post-departure.
Main location is South West London (main residence), but expected to travel to other residences in the UK and Italy.
Hours & Salary:
Working 5 days per week, including one or two weekends a month, according to rota. Flexibility will be required when events are hosted.
£45,000 - £50,000 DOE
*Please note we cannot guarantee a response to every application*