Your job search results: 9 Private Household & Estates Jobs
Your job search results:
9 Private Household & Estates Jobs
A London based family of 5 are looking for a professional, experienced and down to earth housekeeper cook to join them on a live in or live out basis at their Cotswolds home.
You will work a 5 day week to include weekends, as the family visit the home at weekends and during school holidays. You will be repsonsible for housekeeping, laundry and cooking for the family when they are in residence and also keeping the house running when they are not.
The main house is 6 bedroom, and there are is a 2 bed guest accomodation too.
The ideal housekeeper wil lhave at least 5 years experience working within private homes in a similar role, have an outgoing and confident personality and able to work well alone and as part of a team to ensure the highest service is provided.
Attention to detail is key as is love of your job! You will very much become part of the family. You must like animals and be child friendly as you will be askied to baby sit occasionally, bake with the children, collect eggs, and get the children involved with the vegetable patch etc.
Your specific duties will include:
- To ensure the house is ready and inviting for the Family when they arrive.
- Responsible for all the food shopping and preparing of food for the Family’s arrival.
- To have a very high standard of cleaning:
- Clean and maintain the interior to a high standard.
- Ensure the linen, curtains, blinds, and fabrics are kept clean and laundered.
- Experience with dealing with laundry, delicate fabrics, hand washing.
- Good standard of cooking:
- Should enjoy cooking.
- Ability to cook healthy and wholesome meals, roasts etc.
- Able to put together menus, using seasonal ingredients.
- To be responsible for the preparation, serving, clearing away and after family meals.
- To be responsible for the daily upkeep of the house
- Front of House i.e., ability to receive guests when Principals are not in residence.
- To be responsible and care for domestic pets which includes a cocker spaniel
- Drive the family when required.
- To answer all incoming telephone calls and to re-direct all family correspondence.
- Happy to work independently and be self-motivated during the week when the Family are not in occupation
- The principals will be in residence every weekend and during school holidays, therefore the successful applicants will be required to work at these times.
- To work a five-day week with two days in the week being rest days (these are flexible). Working hours need to be flexible to suit the owners.
- When the owners are not in residence your standard hours will be 8.00am until 5.00pm, with one hour for lunch and two fifteen-minute tea breaks.
- Should be flexible and able to work in London or at a family property abroad on the odd occasion if required.
Salary & Other info:
- Salary up to £40,000 DOE / NEG
- Petrol allowance
- 28 days paid holiday days (including bank holidays)
- If Live in the accommodation is a small one bedroom cottage which adjoins the main house. The cottage has one bedroom, a small sitting room, kitchen area and bathroom. The cottage also has its own front door access, separate from the main house.
The successful applicants will have references checked and undergo employment screening.
Lovely down to earth family of 3 (soon to be 4!) are looking for a child friendly housekeeper cook to work Monday to Thursday 8am - 4pm. You must enjoy cooking meals as they will want you to prepare lunch and dinner each day.
The house is in a beautiful leafy part of south west London, 10 mins walk from Barnes station SW13. There are 4 bedrooms, over 3 floors. You will be experienced with cleaning, laundry and ironing, running errands, grocery shopping and cooking. There is also a part time cleaner who does most of the deep cleaning.
You will be working Monday to Thursday 8am - 4pm with some flexibility.
The is a friendly dog who is very much part of the family, so you must be happy around dogs too.
Location: Barnes SW13
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8am - 4pm
Salary will DOE, up to £15 per hour
*This role is no longer available*
We are looking for an experienced, hands on and proactive cook housekeeper to join a family of 7 living in Chelsea. There are 5 children ages between 1-8 years old and the family have a friendly Labrador too, so you must love working in a energetic family home!
As the Cook Housekeeper you will prepare meals for the family, guests and staff, and support with general housekeeping duties, there is a full time live in housekeeper employed too.
The kitchen and adjacent living areas will be your sole responsibility, as well as maintaining and overseeing all kitchen appliances, the preparation of meals, food and supply orders.
The family home is a large 6-bedroom house with a garden, roof terrace, security personnel and separate living quarters for staff. The Cook Housekeeper’s role is a central position within the household, interacting with Children, Nannies, household staff and the family.
The family eat informally with everything in a platter in on the table to serve themselves. They are very health conscious so the cook will need to be passionate about creating tasty, healthy and fresh meals, lots of fresh interesting salads and vegetable dishes, chicken and fish too. A capable baker who can make healthy snacks.
This is a hands on role in a busy house and it is important that the cook is confident to prepare enough food for up to 10 people during busy times.
Working alongside the other Housekeeper, you will be responsible for washing, drying and ironing the family’s laundry and general duties, as required.
This position is to start mid-June, but earlier can be considered.
Hours are Monday to Friday live out, 8am – 6pm with a 7pm on Fridays (although this can often be at 6pm depending on the families plans)
Salary will depend on experience but up to £45,000 gross per year.
*please note we cannot guarantee a response to every application*
Experienced & professional housekeeper sought for a UHNW family living close to Sloane Square Large household with 7 bedrooms over 5 floors. There are 2 adults and 3 children in the house and you will work alongside another 2 other housekeeper and a small household team including nannies, chef, PA and security.
Your main responsibility will be all high level cleaning and housekeeping, dealing with specialist materials in the house and have top laundry skills. Able to sort through items for hand washing, dry cleaning and so on, good ironing skills also required. This is a busy household with lots going on. The clients are friendly and treat everyone very well. You must have at least 5 years’ experience working as a housekeeper with UHNW clients in private homes.
Hours: Monday to Friday 10/11am - 7/8pm
Location: Sloane Square & Knightsbridge stations are closest
Salary: Will depend on experience, up to £45,000 for the right candidate
Leaman Consulting are looking for an experienced live out Housekeeper to work as part of a dedicated team, to provide an excellent level of service for a private family at their primary home in London.
360 Housekeeping support in this large and busy 7 bed 7 bath property. All high-level cleaning, laundry and other tasks.
- Washing, ironing and laundry; including handling delicate, luxury & couture clothing. Arrange for dry-cleaning when appropriate. You may be asked to manage the principal’s wardrobes.
- Watering house plants, caring for cut flowers once they’ve been brought in.
- Carrying out weekly grocery shopping – on line and in store
- Dealing with tradesmen, suppliers and contractors when come in to work
- Keeping an eye on the family’s pet dogs
- Serving at table at family events / meals etc
- Carrying out any other tasks that the employer may reasonably ask
You will have:
- Approx 5 years’ experience within a formal, HNWI private household with exceptionally high standards
- Top attention to detail
- Have a strong work ethic, be loyal, passionate, and friendly.
- Team player – expected to work well and communicate effectively with the team
- Have a recent enhanced DBS, or willing to undertake one
- Checkable references
Hours/Days: Full-time 40 hours p/w over 5 days p/w (Mon – Sun flexible) Flexibility to work not only Mon - Fri but also at weekends is essential. Weekend work may be taken as time off in lieu mid-week.
Salary: up to £37,000 DOE
Location: Private Household, Holland Park, London
*Please note we cannot guarantee a response to every application*
Busy family living in Kensington are seeking a confident, experienced and upbeat housekeeper cook who to join them on a live out basis. The family have 2 school aged boys who are pretty self-sufficient, but once they are back from school in the afternoons you will need to oversee them.
The family employ a morning housekeeper who works until mid-afternoon Monday to Friday.
Your duties to include but not limited to:
- daily family cooking
- household cleaning
- laundry to include, hand washing for delicates, washing, ironing, attention to and care of wardrobes & shoes
- arranging and organising household
- all orders for fruit & veg, meat, weekly Ocado & Waitrose and keeping house well stocked
- keeping household expenses
- flowers and plant care
- overseeing two children age 12 years old from 5pm, although very independent children
- dog walking and care (The family have a very friendly French Bulldog, so you must like dogs!)
- occasional proxy parenting during weekends when parents are travelling
- drivers licence is a bonus
- potential travel during summer and Christmas (not a deal breaker)
The family are looking for someone extremely well organised with a positive, can-do attitude and a sunny disposition and a willingness and ability to learn. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone to join a friendly and welcoming family home who enjoys keeping busy and always being one step ahead.
It is essential that the candidates have had longevity in the previous roles with fantastic checkable references.
Hours: 10/11am to 8pm Monday – Friday
Location: Kensington W8
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Will depend on the individual experience c. £40,000 - £42,000 gross per annum.
*Please note we cannot guarantee a response to every application*
Lovely family of 3 are looking for an experienced and hands on housekeeper who likes children. Ideally they are looking for someone local to Zug who can work on a live out basis Monday to Friday around 11am – 5/6pm with flexibility. Helping out at dinner parties and occasional travel with the family would be a bonus but not essential.
The house is informal day to day, but the candidate must be happy to work in semi and formal environments too.
The property is a 2 bed 2 bath apartment, there is a cleaner who comes in twice a month to deep clean but you will be the sole housekeeper and be happy to work autonomously.
Responsibilities and duties will include but not be limited to:
- All high level cleaning and laundry with good ironing skills
- Experience working with expensive furnishing including marble, slate, wood and antiques
- You must be a good cook who can help maintain a freezer stash of weaning food for their baby boy who is around 4 months old currently.
- Clean baby bottles, prep dinner ingredients, general tidying, washing and storing seasonal baby items
- Updating supply inventory for cleaning supplies etc.
- Help pack/unpack as needed, cleaning terrace fabrics (as needed in summer, at start/end of season), , occasional cleaning of appliances, etc.)
The family are looking for someone experienced, cheerful and baby friendly. Happy to adapt with a vert discrete nature.
You must reside locally and be eligible to work in Switzerland.
Salary range offered – will depend on experience but 20-30 CHF per hour.
*THIS ROLE HAS NOW BEEN FILLED & NO LONGER ACTIVE*
HNW family of 4 + a dog are seeking a hands on, proactive and very experienced housekeeper to join them on a live in basis working Monday to Friday 7am - 7pm.
The house is a newly refurbished 5 bed, 5 bath home, over 8 floors. There is also a gym, pool, spa and film/games room. You will work as part of a housekeeping team of 4 (2 live in, 1 live out). The family have very high standards and expect their housekeepers to keep the home immaculate and to a 5* level.
Attention to detail is key. Experience working with different cleaning products for luxury fabrics, wood and metal is required as well.
The position would suit someone who has worked in a high level household before, delivery high level cleaning, laundry and generally ensuring the house is ran smoothly. There will be some simple and occasional cooking required for the family, so a confident cook is important.
Some travel to the countryside and elsewhere when allowed, so a flexible nature. The family have 1 friendly little dog who will require a walk either at the start or end of the day by the housekeeper.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7am - 7pm with breaks
Accommodation: Newley refurbished double bedroom and own bathroom, shared kitchen and living area in separate staff quarters with separate entrance in the basement. There is the option to live in Mon - Fri and leave at weekends or you can stay there the whole 7 days too.
Salary: £500 - £550 net per week
Family of 4 in Belgravia are looking for an experienced, professional and proactive Cook Housekeeper to work 6 days a week (Mondays off) on a live out basis. You will work as part of a small household team – 1 daily housekeeper and nanny.
The family live in a large 5 storey home just off Sloane Square SW3. You must have previous experience working both as a housekeeper and cooking for families. You will be responsible for cooking and prepping meals and snacks for the family (2 adults, 2 children aged 1). You Will be responsible to keep the kitchen and larder stocked at all times, compiling shopping lists and other housekeeper related duties.
The family have 2 dogs, so you must be happy with animals.
Hours: Live out Tuesday – Sunday (Mondays off) Approx 8am – 6pm
Starting: April 2021, first interviews will be held via zoom call
Salary: £650 - £700 net per week (£46,000 - £51,5000 gross per year)