Live-In Housekeeper Couple, Geneva
A live-in couple is required full-time near Geneva to provide cooking, driving and other domestic services for a high net worth individual.
The ideal candidates will have experience in security, facilities management and the service industry. They will be reliable, presentable, have excellent attention to detail, be energetic and hardworking with a desire to carry out all tasks to a consistently high standard.
When the principal or family are in residence, the couple will be called upon to drive them to meetings, events, airports etc. The couple will also manage the maintenance of a collection of cars, keeping them in good condition in line with their prescribed servicing schedules.
The role requires significant commitment in terms of time, as well as the flexibility to adapt to the changing nature of the diary of the owner, who spends extended periods overseas. An overnight presence on the property is required 5 days a week and during some periods when the owner is away, including minding the owner’s dogs.
The successful candidates will live in first-class, generous and high-quality accommodation on the premises. The property is superbly positioned in rural Switzerland, with views over Lake Geneva with great access to excellent walks and skiing nearby. There is a rail station just 2 minutes’ walk from the property, with regular trains to central Geneva and the airport.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this role and are strongly encouraged.
Domestic Live-In Couple
- Working at primary residence as part of a team of other house staff (FT butler, PT cleaner, PT chef)
- Working hours/days are routinely 0800-1700, 5 days a week
- 2 weekend days off together per week
- Some additional weekend work will be required, with time off in lieu
- Dog friendly – will be regularly required to mind the owner’s dogs
- Full-time housekeeper (two 2-bedroom apartments kept to hotel standard)
- Prepare and serve three meals a day, 2 days a week (a live-out primary chef will cover the other 5 days)
- Drive the owner
- Maintenance jobs (changing light bulbs / painting / mending fixtures – all non-skilled and skills can be developed)
- Other diverse roles requiring a loyal, adaptable and hard-working individual
Personal Specification & Requirements:
- At least one of the couple must have cooking skills and relevant experience preparing meals for up to 12 people
- Must hold a current and in date UK driving licence
- Good communication skills
- High standards of presentation
- Strong record working within a team
- Problem solving and use of initiative
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable with being on-site and on-call during evenings and occasional weekends
- Must have the ability to work effectively under pressure and be able to react to changing priorities
- Due to the nature of the work, you must have no pets and/or dependants
- French speaking
- Experience working in the service industry with high net worth clientele
- Pension Scheme
- Travel, health and illness insurances included
- High standard, generously equipped and well-furnished accommodation offered on the premises, comprising two bedrooms and a large open plan kitchen and living area
- Utilities bills included
- High-speed internet included
- Car available while off duty in Switzerland
Salary: £60,000 to £70,000 DOE (joint between couple)
Start date: ASAP