House manager position in Surrey (Close to Esher)
Highly experienced and loyal house manager required with keen eye for detail and a love of organising, for a beautiful heritage country estate.
You will be required to be flexible for 5 days a week (sometimes 6) if there is no need to be in or at the house there will be flexibility given to work from home on some admin tasks.
Must be extremely animal loving as will be required to walk / pet sit and house sit the family’s 3 dogs and one elderly cat. Excellent, long term role for the right candidate - Employer is seeking someone experienced and calm, whom can assist the running of the estate with ease and grace.
Must have own car and confident driving in and around London, happy to apply for DBS check, 3 references and a stable work history in a similar role.
- Oversee tradesmen and ensure excellent workmanship
- Flower arranging/collecting
- Training staff and creating household manuals
- Overseeing high end curtain cleaning, upholstery cleaning and driving to London to drop and collect
- Creating household itineraries
- Overseeing payments and working with bookkeepers
- Regular pet sitting/ dog walking
- Vet runs on request
- Staying ‘on residence’ when employer is away
- Booking window cleaning/ gutter cleaning and all kinds of exterior works
- Familiarising oneself swiftly with the intricate running of the electronics/ water systems (including irrigation) of the estate
- Staff finding
- Assisting with dry cleaning drop off and collections
- Household stock checking
- Booking maintenance such as hedge cutters/ lawns/ woodland clearing
Salary Circa 40K-50k with overtime and benefits.
Location: Surrey KT11
*please note we cannot guarantee a response to all applications*