Busy family with children and a friendly dog living in a large house in Chelsea are looking for a proactive and switched on family chef. You will be responsible for the day to day cooking for the household staff and family from Tuesdays – Saturdays.
You must be flexible, positive, self-motivated, and willing to work independently as well as part the wider household team. This is a relaxed/informal environment and the family would like someone fun that can bring good energy.
An emphasis on healthy food is key with very little processed items and gluten light cooking where possible. Someone that’s had experience in a private household and is super organised and experienced with stock checking. Someone aware of what’s already in the cupboards/pantry and is conscious of not overordering too.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Planning Ocado orders and liaising with other food suppliers (e.g Riverford)
• Taking stock of the pantry and kitchen, ensuring no overordering, sell by dates etc
• Preparing and cooking healthy fresh meals for the whole house – staff/family lunch, children’s snacks & dinner and adults supper
• Take ownership of the kitchen area – high levels of hygiene and cleanliness
The ideal candidate will:
• Have worked in a busy family environment before, this role is for a family of 7 plus household staff
• Be happy to interact and engage the children in cooking at times
• Have a knowledge of Mediterranean and Asian flavours as well as gluten free diets
• Work well as a team and have a collaborative approach
• Open to travel within the UK and possibly overseas (not essential)
• Have a upbeat and friendly nature
• Be dog friendly!
Hours: Tues – Sat 10.30am to 9pm
Location: Chelsea SW3
Salary: £45,000 depending on the individual, negotiable
Leaman Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the high volume of applications received it will only be possible to contact successful applicants. Thank you for your interest.