Our client is seeking an all rounder, who can help run the home when it comes to DIY, Houseman and handyman duties. You will report to the House Manager and work as a small team including housekeepers, security, and a gardener. Reporting to the House Manager, this role will be working as
The groundsman/handyman is tasked with a broad range of tasks but in essence to ensure the house and outhouses and grounds, inside and outside are well maintained, in good state of repair, tidy, clean and well organised and to help ensure that the house is always ready for the arrival of the family and/or their guests.
Flexibility to work midweek and at weekends is essential, as when the family are expected to stay the handyman may be needed. Weekend work may be taken as time off in lieu mid-week.
Responsibilities to include:
- Household maintenance tasks including the repair and maintenance of house, outbuildings and grounds
- Working with other members of the team to ensure the house is in good working order and is clean
- To offer practical help around the house and grounds, inside and outside
- Window cleaning; be proficient at cleaning windows inside and out and happy and confident with climbing ladders.
- Help with heavy lifting e.g. help move heavy things such as beds, appliances and heavy deliveries
- Driving e.g. airport runs, collecting family members, errands etc
- Maintenance and upkeep of the family’s equipment such as quad bikes and bicycles
- Car cleaning and servicing of cars
- General household errands
- Help clearing up after meals (dishwasher etc)
- Light household (inside and outside) duties– e.g. Silver polishing, shoe cleaning, change lightbulbs/fuses, put out recycling/bins etc
- Pet care: help keep an eye on the family’s dogs
- Fireplace – clearing and laying of fire, collecting logs
- Any other tasks that the employer may reasonably ask such as
Skills and Experience:
- Ideally a skilled handyman with some experience in DIY or carpentry, although not essential
- Needs to be practical, lots of common sense and reliable
- Good communicator
- Clean driving license and confident driver
- Great attitude: willing and cheerful and nice to have around
Contract: Initial fixed term of 3 months. 25- 30 hours p/week.
Either PAYE or self employed.
Salary: £12-15 np/hour depending on experience
Location: Private Household, Chipping Norton area, Cotswolds
*Please note we cannot guarantee a response to every application*