Return client of Leaman Consulting is looking for a professional and child-friendly live-in housekeeper to join a busy family and help maintain and clean their weekend/holiday home in Haslemere, Surrey. Starting in June, the principal are looking for an experienced candidate with a "get stuck-in" attitiude.
Start Date: Mid to end of June
Salary: Up to £35,000 gross per annum
Hours Required: 40 hours per week to include, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 7pm
*Hours can be flexible when the family aren’t there
Driver: Driver essential with own car
Accommodation: Separate Annex with bedroom, kitchenette and bathroom. If they have a dog this is ok.
Pets: 1 dog – Labrador (currently a puppy) and chickens
- The property is a large country house with 8 bedrooms, set in about 10 acres with a swimming pool and stunning views. It is a weekend / holiday home and is rented.
- The family tend to visit twice a month in the summer months but less often in the winter.
- Location of the house is quite remote. It is about 2 miles down a quiet country lane.
- Someone honest and trustworthy to maintain the house when the family aren’t in residence.
- They are a young household. The home is informal and very busy. They are a child centred family.
- They will often invite friends to stay with them, most of whom have children.
- With this role, it’ll either be very quiet (when the family aren’t there) or super busy (when the family are in residence). Rarely anything in between!
- There is a gardener who visits once a week. He keeps the outside tidy, mows the lawns etc.
- Cleaning to a high standard – including deep cleans when the family are not there.
- Preparing the house for the family’s arrival and tidying after they have left.
- Laundry & ironing.
- Cooking – to a good standard but this is not the most important thing.
- When the family are in residence, they usually have nannies with them however they need someone who can help with the kids as it is a very busy household – such as baking with the children or watching over one of them on occasion.
- Running errands such as grocery shopping.
- Liaising with the PA, based in London.
- Placing online orders.
- Collecting family members/staff from the train station.
- Dealing with trades people for logs, coal, pool maintenance etc
- Watering plants and looking after the vegetable / fruit garden.
- Feeding the chickens and collecting eggs.
* Please note this role is now on hold until after the summer 2020*