A London based family of 5 are looking for a professional, experienced and down to earth housekeeper cook to join them on a live in or live out basis at their Cotswolds home.
You will work a 5 day week to include weekends, as the family visit the home at weekends and during school holidays. You will be repsonsible for housekeeping, laundry and cooking for the family when they are in residence and also keeping the house running when they are not.
The main house is 6 bedroom, and there are is a 2 bed guest accomodation too.
The ideal housekeeper wil lhave at least 5 years experience working within private homes in a similar role, have an outgoing and confident personality and able to work well alone and as part of a team to ensure the highest service is provided.
Attention to detail is key as is love of your job! You will very much become part of the family. You must like animals and be child friendly as you will be askied to baby sit occasionally, bake with the children, collect eggs, and get the children involved with the vegetable patch etc.
Your specific duties will include:
- To ensure the house is ready and inviting for the Family when they arrive.
- Responsible for all the food shopping and preparing of food for the Family’s arrival.
- To have a very high standard of cleaning:
- Clean and maintain the interior to a high standard.
- Ensure the linen, curtains, blinds, and fabrics are kept clean and laundered.
- Experience with dealing with laundry, delicate fabrics, hand washing.
- Good standard of cooking:
- Should enjoy cooking.
- Ability to cook healthy and wholesome meals, roasts etc.
- Able to put together menus, using seasonal ingredients.
- To be responsible for the preparation, serving, clearing away and after family meals.
- To be responsible for the daily upkeep of the house
- Front of House i.e., ability to receive guests when Principals are not in residence.
- To be responsible and care for domestic pets which includes a cocker spaniel
- Drive the family when required.
- To answer all incoming telephone calls and to re-direct all family correspondence.
- Happy to work independently and be self-motivated during the week when the Family are not in occupation
- The principals will be in residence every weekend and during school holidays, therefore the successful applicants will be required to work at these times.
- To work a five-day week with two days in the week being rest days (these are flexible). Working hours need to be flexible to suit the owners.
- When the owners are not in residence your standard hours will be 8.00am until 5.00pm, with one hour for lunch and two fifteen-minute tea breaks.
- Should be flexible and able to work in London or at a family property abroad on the odd occasion if required.
Salary & Other info:
- Salary up to £40,000 DOE / NEG
- Petrol allowance
- 28 days paid holiday days (including bank holidays)
- If Live in the accommodation is a small one bedroom cottage which adjoins the main house. The cottage has one bedroom, a small sitting room, kitchen area and bathroom. The cottage also has its own front door access, separate from the main house.
The successful applicants will have references checked and undergo employment screening.