We are looking on behalf of a HNW couple in Dorset, who are looking for a very experienced, hands on and professional housekeeping/gardening couple to run their large country home set in 9 acres, close to Dorchester in Dorset.
This is a live out role, so the couple must live within easy driving distance to the Dorchester area, ideally you both be confident drivers with your own car for ease of commuting and also errand running within your day.
Housekeeper duties will include, but not be limited to:
- High level housekeeping and cleaning
- Laundry and ironing
- Sorting dry cleaning and dropping / collecting when needed
- Hand washing where appropriate
- Daily organising and keeping the house tidy
- Receiving deliveries and post
- Liaising with gardeners, contractors and anyone else coming in and out of the house
- Setting and controlling the security system
- Occasional cooking would be great, but not a deal breaker
- Ordering online groceries and supplies
Gardener/Maintenance duties will include but not be limited to:
The property is set in 9 acres, made up with formal gardens (lots of topiary), copse, paddocks, kitchen garden, including vegetable patches, lots of flower beds, tennis court, a lot of lawn areas, a large number of trees, areas of secret gardens (e.g cut flowers, pond etc).
There will be other groundstaff employed who you will work alongside.
- Formal and informal gardening
- Experience with topiary
- Maintaining walkways, verges and driveways
- Seasonal changes
- Use of garden machinery
- General grounds car
- Mowing lawns, experience of both ride on and push mowers
- Restoration and upkeep of a vegetable patches and kitchen garden
- Simple DIY in and out of the house when require
- Helping set up and pack away event equipment
- Assist with other tasks reasonably asked by the principal
This role is working for lovely laid back principals who like to entertain friends and family and have them to stay, when there are guests in the house is it all hands on deck to ensure the house is ready.
The clients to enjoy travelling and can be away at least once a month, and often longer trips during the year. They would then ask the couple to pop in to keep the house running and oversea any contractors, the flexibilty to live in for a period of time would also be useful from a security point of view. They plan to get a pet dog, so a dog lover is also important.
This role would suit a couple who have worked within large country homes/estates before as a senior housekeeper and gardener and enjoys keeping a house a home and in top condition with a good eye for detail.
The ideal couple will be proactive and friendly with a good sense of humour, with a can do attitude and hardworking nature. The family are seeking someone long term who is loyal and understands boundaries and discretion.
You must have recent and checkable references and an up to date DBS (or willing to do one).
Location: Dorset DT2
Hours: TBD but likely Monday to Friday 40 - 45 hours a week with additional days and hours agreed in advance (Live Out)
Must have a drivers licence and this is a non smoking household
Salary: Joint £50,000 - £60,000 gross per annum
*Please note we cannot guarantee a response to every application*